Get Info on Bowling Green Recovery Centers
The state of Kentucky exceeds the national average for drug abuse, according to White House statistics. Drug rehab in Bowling Green follows the state-level programs for treatment, providing wide-ranging access to excellent programs to help you in the recovery process.What to Look at Before Signing Up for a Treatment Rehab
Alcohol and drug recovery services vary in their scope and practice. Generally, programs fall into one of three formats, though some programs may feature a combination of these categories. These include:
- Residential therapy: These programs are tailored for those with severe addiction issues, and can handle patients with dual diagnoses. These treatment programs are lengthy, often lasting four to six weeks at a minimum. Patients are active members of their community, doing chores, taking part in discussion, working with sponsors, and planning for their future.
- Outpatient treatment: While outpatient programs are best for those with less severe addiction needs, they also work well for patients with family commitments. In these programs, patients come daily to the treatment site to take part in individual and group therapy, intervention treatments, and drug therapy where applicable.
- Group therapy: Patients can attend group meetings indefinitely, and are often matched with a sponsor who has been successfully treated, and who can guide the patient to recovery. Common group therapy programs are Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous.
How Is Kentucky Preventing Substance Abuse?
The state of Kentucky has worked hard in prevention, especially for those in their teen years when foster children age out of care. According to a study of Kentucky’s foster care system, some of the programs that help keep families together and help children in foster care to avoid substance abuse include:
- Drug courts, which keep families together by treating abusers in a way that helps the entire family
- Education for teachers and family members on the needs of children born to addicts
- Advanced caseworker training to understand the challenges foster children face, including increased risk of substance abuse
- Medicaid insurance – which offers drug and alcohol rehab service coverage – up until age 24 for children aging out of foster care
Find Treatment in Bowling Green
To find quality Bowling Green drug rehab centers, consider calling our toll-free number. We are ready to assist you in finding the treatment options that will be of service to you.