Researching Grand Prairie Rehabilitation Programs
Like addiction itself, recovery is a multi-stage process. Entering a Grand Prairie drug rehab center is only the first step in what will hopefully become a lifelong journey. If you or a loved one has been influenced by the influx of illegal drugs into the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, there’s hope for a clean and sober future in local rehabilitation programs.
A Guide to Enrolling into Rehabilitation
There has been an increase in drug traffic from Mexican cartels, as seen in the 2011 arrest of 34 members of a Dallas-Fort Worth drug ring. Several of the offenders were arrested in Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas and the fifth most populated city in Texas. Many residents of this community feel angered and overwhelmed by the prevalence of cocaine, heroin and marijuana abuse in their city.
Grand Prairie addiction treatment programs offer a positive alternative to what may seem like a losing battle.
Who’s Using Cocaine in the US?
The popularity of cocaine may have peaked in the 1980s and 1990s, but this addictive central nervous system stimulant is still around, and international drug trafficking rings have made it widely available. According to WebMD:
- Approximately 14 percent of American adults have tried the drug.
- One out of 40 Americans has used cocaine during the past 12 months.
- Cocaine is most popular among men in the 18-to-25 age range.
- Eight percent of young men in this age range have used cocaine in the past 12 months.
Enrolling into a rehab program is a big hurdle for many people who struggle with substance abuse. You may be reluctant to contact an addiction specialist because:
- You’re worried that family or your employer will find out that you have a problem.
- You’re afraid you can’t afford treatment.
- You’re concerned about facing the issues underlying your addiction, such as childhood abuse.
- You’re not really ready to quit.
If you have questions about any of these issues, call our toll-free number for confidential advice. Most people who recover from drug addiction or alcoholism don’t do it alone; when you’re ready to get clean, you’ll need plenty of support.
Finding Recovery Services in Grand Prairie
What’s the best way to find recovery resources? In an area the size of the DFW metroplex, you may feel overwhelmed by all your options. Talking with a knowledgeable addiction professional who knows the facilities in Grand Prairie is the best place to start.
When drugs or alcohol have a hold on your life, the guidance of a seasoned expert can make all the difference in the world.