Exploring Bradenton Recovery Clinics
Bradenton calls itself “The Friendly City,” and the warmth of this Florida community lives up to the nickname. If you’re seeking drug rehab in Bradenton, you’ll find that the area provides a variety of opportunities to get sober, including 12-step programs, outpatient treatment, hospital programs and residential facilities.
When you talk with an addiction counselor, you’ll discuss factors such as:
- Your substance abuse history
- Your responsibilities at work, home or school
- Your emotional and psychological needs in recovery
- Your income or health insurance status
- Your age
Advice on Picking a Treatment Facility
With several colleges and universities in the area, Bradenton has a large population of young adults, but at the other end of the spectrum, the Florida community is also a popular destination for retirees. The issue of substance abuse among the elderly is often overshadowed by the concerns about drug addiction and alcoholism in college and high school students, but in reality, addiction among senior citizens may be more common than you think.
Why are the elderly at risk of chemical dependence? Some of the common reasons include:
- Social isolation
- Use of multiple prescription drugs
- Chronic pain
Identifying Drug Abuse in the Elderly
Detecting signs of chemical dependence in an older person can be difficult. FamilyDoctor.org identifies several of the warning signs of substance abuse in elderly men and women:
- Getting prescriptions for pain meds or tranquilizers from more than one doctor
- Filling prescriptions at more than one pharmacy
- Frequent changes in mood or mental status
- Excessive concern about running out of medication or alcohol
Entering a Rehab Center in Bradenton
Finding an age-appropriate Bradenton treatment program should be one of your greatest concerns when you’re looking for rehab options for yourself, a parent or an elderly spouse.
Review several Florida treatment options with one of our addiction professionals before you make this important decision.