Searching for Puyallup Recovery Centers
Puyallup is a small city, rich in history and culture. Named after the Puyallup Tribe, Puyallup holds a fair every year, attracting over 1 million people to the region. Located just east of Tacoma, Puyallup has over 30 schools and over 20,000 students. Regrettably, despite the close-knit community nature of Puyallup, the city still struggles with drug and alcohol issues within its population.
The state of Washington has consistently shown higher rates of unemployment than the American average, and the National Survey on Drug Use and Health indicates that the rate of usage of illicit drugs was 9 percent higher in the unemployed population than it was in the employed population.
There is a need for reliable drug and alcohol recovery centers in Puyallup and all of Washington.
The Pros and Cons of Holistic and Traditional Treatment Clinics
Both traditional and holistic drug and alcohol treatment clinics have many advantages and disadvantages:
- Traditional clinics can often be well established and reputable. Holistic clinics have seen increasing popularity in recent years and new treatment centers are always appearing. Traditional clinics, while always changing and updating, have often been in place for a number of years. Prospective patients may be able to find extensive information about them online to help make a decision about whether the center is right for them.
- Traditional clinics offer variety. While holistic treatment centers focus on a specific type of treatment, there are a wide variety of traditional treatment centers, and there are more of them. Patients can find a treatment approach that best suits them and enter a program that will help them get the best results.
- Traditional clinics can be overcrowded. Sometimes traditional treatment centers are unable to offer the personalized attention and treatment that a more specialized, holistic center would be able to give.
Signs Your Loved One Has a Drug Addiction
- Lack of concern with their appearance
- Decreased performance in school or work
- Extreme personality changes