Browse Livonia Treatment Centers
As the city of Livonia is 13 miles outside of Detroit, it has felt the impact of the economic hardships facing the urban areas of Michigan. The state of Michigan, however, is proactive in handling issues of drug and alcohol abuse through treatment programs and public education; in fact, drug rehab in Livonia offers a variety of therapies to help those in need of assistance.Tips on Enrolling Into Treatment
Addiction treatment is comprised of a variety of steps, and can be difficult to complete. It requires honesty, self-reliance and personal responsibility. A strong plan for the future is crucial to the long-term success of any treatment program, and qualified professionals within the program can help you through the program itself.
Drug and alcohol treatment must be comprehensive, treating the whole patient and including any underlying conditions or mental health concerns.
As a study by the Department of Veterans Affairs shows, those who participated in alcohol treatment had a higher rate of staying with ongoing counseling and group therapy and abstaining from alcohol for 15 years.
To enroll in a comprehensive treatment program, look for the following:
- High success rates for past patients
- Assistance with the withdrawal process
- Intensive, individualized therapy
- Transition assistance, including possible housing and education help
- Family therapy, if applicable
What Are the Most Common Drug Addictions?
The most common addictions include those to:
- Opiates, including heroine and prescription medications
- Hallucinogens, such as LSD or PCP
- “Bath salts,” which have become an issue for Michigan’s drug enforcement in the past five years
What Should I Look for in a Treatment Center?
Some areas that may be important to you in a treatment center for your addiction include:
- Counseling services after treatment is complete
- Services unique to your needs, such as ongoing medical care for chronic conditions such as diabetes or HIV
- Empathetic, nonjudgmental treatment options, such as translator services
- What each program includes, and how those elements should treat your addiction
Finding Rehabilitation Clinics in Livonia
While many treatment options exist, it may be hard to narrow down your choices. Livonia drug treatment programs can be found by calling our toll-free number.
We can connect you to a specialist who can assist you in finding the best addiction care.